May 30, 2020
How She Hustles Inc.
(Startup & Slay 2020 Application Contest) SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
Open to residents of Canada only
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN ORDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- (Startup & Slay 2020 Application Contest) (The “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by [CIBC] (the “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on [May 30, 2020] and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on [July 31,2020] (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must, at the time of entry: (i) be a legal resident of Canada; (ii) have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides; and (iii) not be an employee of the Sponsor, or any of its affiliated companies, representatives or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, the Independent Sweepstakes Organization (collectively the “Sweepstakes Parties”) or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom any such individuals are domiciled (whether related or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, click on the Invitation received from the Sponsor and complete the Startup & Slay 2020 Application (the “Online Survey”). Upon doing so, click “Submit” and you will receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on [July 31, 2020] (the “Sweepstakes Closing Date”). By completing the Online Survey you confirm compliance with the Official Rules and if selected for a Prize, acknowledges acceptance of a Prize as awarded and to the extent permitted by law releases the Sweepstakes Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES: There are two (2) Prizes available to be won, each consisting of $250 (CDN). Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution and are not transferable or assignable (except as allowed in the Sponsor’s sole discretion). Limit one (1) prize per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
- DRAW: A random draw will be held at the office of How She Hustles Inc. located at [Toronto, Ontario] on [July 31, 2020] at 10:00 AM ET, (the “Draw Date”) from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selected entrants will be contacted by mail and/or telephone and/or email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by mail and/or telephone and/or email within five (5) business days of being selected after reasonable attempts or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 6), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by telephone and/or email with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- GENERAL: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide and be legally bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding, without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility and/or disqualification of Entries and entrants.
- To be declared a confirmed Prize winner, a selected entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by mail or email or telephone (at a mutually convenient time). If a selected entrant fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question, then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected. Upon verification, the Prize will be mailed to the confirmed winner within thirty (30) days.
- By entering and accepting a Prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Sweepstakes.
- The Releases accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Sweepstakes or acceptance of a Prize. The Releasees will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed Entries (and all such Entries are void). Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the Entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
- The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Online Survey during the Sweepstakes; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; and/or (iii) the failure of any Entry to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Sweepstakes will be the Sweepstakes server machine(s).
- The name of the Prize winners can be found by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: (How She Hustles Inc., Dufferin Lawrence P.O., P.O. Box 58004, North York, ON M6A 3C8, Canada), after the Sweepstakes Period. Requests must be received by August 31, 2020.
- All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws.
- By applying for Startup & Slay, you agree and acknowledge that How She Hustles Inc. may share any information you disclose in the application with the official sponsors of the program. You further agree and acknowledge that the official sponsors may contact you for marketing or business development purposes.
- The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Sweepstakes and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming surveys and/or events from the Sponsor. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit [https://howshehustles.com/privacy-policy/
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control, to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- SPONSOR: (How She Hustles Inc., Dufferin Lawrence P.O., P.O. Box 58004, North York, ON M6A 3C8, Canada)
Note: How She Hustles reserves the right to update program details at anytime.